The City of West U is doubling up on weekly mosquito spraying because of increased mosquito activity.
Mosquito spraying is scheduled for the following days:
• Saturday, Sept. 7
• Thursday, Sept. 12
All sprayings take place between the hours of 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. Monday sprayings will remained unchanged.
The spray is spread by air circulation and depending on the thickness of your block’s tree canopy and spacing between homes, there is a possibility that the spray may not reach rear yards. To help minimize the mosquito population, the city is asking residents to take a few minutes to look at their yards to ensure that there are no areas where mosquitoes are breeding.
Help to minimize mosquito breeding areas by doing the following:
• Remove/empty containers that can hold water, such as, flower pots, buckets, toys, and plastic swimming pools.
• Bird baths and pet water bowls should be changed at least twice a week.
• Keep rain gutters clean and free of debris to prevent standing water.
• Repair leaks in irrigation system to prevent moist/damp areas in your yard.
• Report standing water behind the curb via online request “Click West U” or call our Public Works office.